Frequently Asked Questions
Most frequent questions and answers
When should I take/prepare for the ACT?
- Take the ACT at the end of the student’s sophomore year (or fall of junior year) in high school for a baseline score if the student has completed Algebra 2.
- Take the ACT in the fall of junior year to get a baseline score without any prep.
- Take The Extra Point, LLC full program course to prepare for the ACT in the spring of the student’s junior year.
- Take ACT test during the February, April, or June testing date.
- If available, order test results from the ACT using the Test Information Release Order Form to analyze results.
- Take The Extra Point, LLC full program if the student has not had formal ACT prep.
- Take The Extra Point, LLC online skills course or individual content course to help with deficient areas in preparation for the September or October test date if the student needs additional prep for the test.
- Take the September or October test date, depending on when the student needs results for college admissions process.
What if I miss a class?
We do not offer make-up classes. However, our instructors will meet with you during the next scheduled class to quickly review what you missed. We will always recommend that you complete any missed practice at home.
What is a normal score increase?
Students who attend all classes, participate as instructed by teacher can expect a 2-4 composite increase. This is an average and some students may see more or less than these statistics.
Should I take the ACT without any prep?
We have found that having a baseline score without any prep is helpful for evaluating a student’s natural strengths and weaknesses and developing an individualized prep plan earlier in the course. However, many students have taken the prep course without taking the ACT first and have reached their goal score on the first try.
Do you offer private tutoring?
We are currently redesigning our tutoring program. We hope to role out our new program in the spring of 2019.
Does The Extra Point guarantee my score will improve?
The Extra Point offers a Readiness Guarantee, Satisfaction Guarantee, or Money Back Guarantee. Please see our Student Enrollment Agreement Terms and Conditions for The Extra Point Guarantees.
What should a student expect when taking a course?
The Extra Point offers an in depth and comprehensive test preparation program. During the course of our program, you will review key concepts from each content area test. We will work with you to address your strengths and weaknesses. From there, we will formulate a strategy for each content test tailored for your individual goals. In addition, you will complete approximately 1,200 practice problems and full-length practice tests before the official test date.